As you have all heard by now, I surprised my family with a trip to Idaho over spring break. I think I gave my dad a mini-heart attack and I don't think Hannah's jaw will ever return to its full upright and locked position. :) It was a lot of fun to spend time with my family - one of the busiest trips I have had while there.Pretend this is his surprised look. He had no idea I was coming to surprise him as a late 50th birthday present, along with a book I made him which can be viewed here. At the last minute I was talked out of recording the surprise so this is the best I have.

The trip started with preparing for Stephanie's cheer banquet. 29 picture frames, 14 or so blankets, $100 in plastic table cloths, tons of flowers, and more cheerleaders than I care to count it was over. Stephanie did a great job cheering this year and I am so proud of her!
In the middle of cheer banquet preparations I got my hair cut and dyed - so much cheaper in Idaho! I even got "swoopy bangs." Please see below for the pictures - in all reality it isn't that different but I love it.Then we shopped till we dropped - literally. Stephanie couldn't handle anymore ( however she wasn't feeling well so I can't say I blame her - her illness also explains why she is not in any pictures - that and apparently she didn't take part in the plethora of self-photos left on my camera by Dad, Hannah, and Elizabeth).
There were photo shoots of sisterly love...


and High School Musical sing-alongs ("I need fabulous that is my simple request.....")
My last day was spent on a variety of craft projects including making an apron and a few quilts. I was quite proud of my handwork. I also got some vinyl letters cut-out for use on my apartment walls.
Sadly I didn't see Annie - she was finishing up school and flying back to Pennsylvania I'd wished I had had one more day. Yet, I had a blast and hope my family did too. I can't wait to go back.
On a side note, I never documented our New York excursion as part of my 23rd Birthday celebration. Lowell bought me tickets to see Mary Poppins on Broadway. I was a little skeptical about the choice - but it was fabulous and I highly recommend it!
We started the day with a stop at an outdoor flea market then walked to Central Park. We were stunned at the number of people in line for the casting call for America's Next Top Model. Luckily we weren't there for the false "fire" and "bomb" yelling that caused pandemonium.
Of course we hula-hooped in Central Park with the Jamaican guy playing bongo drums.
The Jamaican can be seen in the orange beret below.


This one is for Kallie.
4 comments:
We loved the visit, and I have thought many times it was too short as there was so much to get done. However, we cherish anytime we can spend with you. Thanks for the surprise. Love you, Mom and Dad
I'm so glad you were able to see your family and surprise your dad!! I can just imagine how excited everyone was :) I miss Idaho!!! When are you going back?
I tried the link to the book you made, and it didn't bring up anything :( I'd love to see it sometime!
Elise, Shock! I found the link on Kirsti's blog, and enjoyed the pictures so much! You two are such a cute couple. It's great you got to go home for a quick visit....it was probably just the shot in the arm your parents needed! You're amazing...getting the most out of your trip like that! Love ya. (Aunt Kari)
Post a Comment