Monday, July 13, 2009

They came to play...

This weekend my former roommate Carolyn and her husband Steve were in town. We enjoyed showing them around our town for the weekend. It was great to see them, especially since due to a mis-communication we never really said goodbye in Provo after graduation. (She was out of town when I thought she was back and she thought we would be in Utah longer than we were.)

Friday night we went out for Thai food in the Borough. Saturday we headed into Philly to see the sites there including the Rocky Statue, The Love Statue, and several sites in Historic Downtown. Unfortunately I didn't get many pictures on my camera so you will have to look at their blog when she posts...hint hint, nudge nudge, Carolyn.

We were also convinced to try a new site and explored the Eastern State Penitentiary. So cool! I highly recommend it!
Intently listening to the audio tour...
A somber picture for a somber place:I really like the lighting in these!
On the trip, Carolyn and Steve were introduced to the joy that is Wawa - and more importantly Wawa's Hoagie Fest. On our way to Baltimore we had to stop for treats to sustain them on the flight home.

Thank you Carolyn and Steve for coming and for the wonderful time! The door is always open! (That goes for all other friends and family who want to see the East Coast. You won't be disappointed.)

No comments: