Why might you ask?
Well -
- Today was a "late start" half day. I got to sleep an extra 30 minutes and got off work at noon. Yay for the summer schedule! Boo that I only have two more Fridays of "freedom."
- I actually had work to do at work - and it was valuable, not just mind-numbing. Anyone who has spoken to me knows actual work has been hit or miss this summer. That is what I get for being a secretary at a high school that works year-round.
- I was able to meet my husband for lunch. We had a picnic outside his work complete with our WaWa Hoagie Fest Encore Hoagies. Lowell's was a yummy meatball, however I forgot to put condiments on my turkey (yes, sad day without lettuce).

- After exiting WaWa with the said hoagies, I found a gift card tucked into my driver's side window. After a little exploration I found it had $0.45 on it! Someone was very generous. ;) (However, yes I was excited because no one EVER does that to me). Lowell thinks the gift card will buy three Now-and-Laters.
- I came home and cleaned my house.
- There is a loaf of Banana Bread baking in the oven.
- Lowell will arrive from the first leg of his 15 mile run in approximately two and a half hours. I will then wait an hour and pick him up at the Church building for a nice Friday evening in August.
- As soon as I log off the computer I will read my scriptures and work on my Relief Society lesson for Sunday - all while enjoying the orange glow of my anniversary flowers.

See I told you it was a good day!
Toodles,
Elise
4 comments:
It's a perfect summer day! Yay for the gift card! That is awesome.
I'm glad you enjoy life so much. We could all take lessons.
I love this post! So... Elise-y!
Mrs. Optimistic, that is definitely you.
Remember those rough days when we would whip us up a mean peanut butter and marshmallow creme sandwich. That always made for a great day.
Post a Comment