Sunday, September 6, 2009

The First Day of School and Other Happenings...

You may remember this post from last year - and my confusion/relief/feelings of not knowing what to do with my school-less life. Well, never fear. I got a job in a high school. As such, last Monday was the first day of school and with it was the annual first day picture so kindly taken by Lowell before I left for work. And for once, no new clothes the first day (I am saving my most recent purchases for colder weather.)

As for the last days of summer, most of our time has revolved around Lowell's running. He is training for the Baltimore marathon next month. Typically he runs four days a week and is in the gym two others. On day a couple weeks ago he returned from a run while I was watching the adorable Logan. Logan decided to get in on the fun and "stretch" like Lowell on the deck. I had to get a few pictures.
Last Saturday was Lowell's longest run yet. 24.5 miles. He set out for it to be 20ish, however the call of Independence Hall drove him onward. So, he ran from our house to Independence Hall to the Philadelphia Museum of Art and up the Rocky stairs. I pulled up just in time to watch him finish. I am so proud of him and his hard work!

The Final Steps:
The Way Back Down:

5 comments:

Arianne said...

Way to go Lowell! We can't wait to hear about the marathon!

Becky said...

That Logan is so darn cute! Hee Hee. I still can't get over Lowell running all those miles. I absolutely love your first day school outfit! I need to go shopping with you.

Brett said...

You are awesome Lowell - an excellent example of a goal-setter & achiever! Good luck in your training and on your race!!!

Michelle said...

WOW! That's all I can say...

The Ellsies said...

Lowell, you are a trooper. Since I personally have driven the distance from your house to Independence Hall, I must say that is quite a trek, but I guess that's what a marathon is all about :) Good job!