Sunday, December 20, 2009

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow....

***This post is dedicated to Annie, Stephanie, Hannah, and Elizabeth who don't think I write enough...which I am not going to lie - it has been a while.***
Yesterday, the eastern seaboard was hammered with snow - including Philadelphia and its greater suburban regions. In anticipation of the storm, on Friday and into early Saturday morning the many events we had planned for the day were canceled one by one (the work party, a run, choir practice, last minute errands). The snow started falling between 3 and 5 AM and still hadn't stopped when it got dark. Lowell and I enjoyed the day watching movies as we were quickly snowed in - literally. In the afternoon I attempted to go outside our apartment from the front entrance and snow was higher than the doorstep.

This morning we got up to survey the damage...on our balcony 14 1/2 inches. A random spot in the grass at our complex - 12 inches. Near our car 18 inches. I think the official weather report was 15 1/2 inches for our city - however with the wind blowing and near blizzard conditions who can be sure.

And just in case you thought I was lying - here are some pictures from this morning.

Oh how I miss our covered parking.
This is Lowell's car.This is mine. Luckily, Lowell dug me out. :) What a nice husband.Our balcony this morning, shot from below so you can see the accumulation at our door. Luckily, this is back door. We haven't stepped foot out there yet.. According to the forecast we are done with snow for a little while. Let just hope we can avoid freezing rain on Thursday when we have to fly out, last year was almost disastrous...so far we are in the clear.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

We are so jealous! It is suppose to snow in Idaho and we just keep getting rain. Oh well, enjoy the beauty.

Heidi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.