Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Spring is in the air!

With the coming of March, I always anticipate the arrival of spring. The days are getting longer and warmer. Flowers start to bud. As much as I try to convince myself that fall is my favorite season due it its abundance of orange – I can’t. Spring definitely takes the cake. We have had lots of teaser days with warm weather intermixed with the cold…yet the flip flops have already made an appearance and my toe nails are painted.

Saturday we took advantage of the “warmer” weather (low 50s) and went to Longwood Gardens. Lowell and I bought season passes in hopes that I can spend some afternoons there with Tanner throughout the spring and summer.
I think Tanner’s first visit was quite successful. He loved reaching and trying to grab the flowers in the Conservatory. However, I think his favorite part was playing in the fountains in the Children’s Garden. He started screaming as we walked away. We even took a moment for a few “9 month” pictures of Tanner in lieu of professional shots. My photography skills need some improvement – yet I think my subject does a good job showing off his cuteness. 
Look at that eager face reaching for the water!
Special thanks to Stephanie for suggesting Picasa on my last post. Flickr would let my mom upload when I emailed them to her, but then I had trouble getting them to link. Picasa worked on the first try. I still have no idea why I can't upload to Costco online (to order prints) or to blogger directly. 'Tis a mystery I am going to keep trying to solve - but for now...pictures are back!

4 comments:

Becky said...

Very cute! I can't believe he is 9 months!

Simonds Family said...

I know I say it every time I comment, but my goodness Tanner is SO STINKIN' ADORABLE!!!

Jodi said...

He definitely is a cute one! Happy Birthday to my wonderful daughter! I love you and hope it is a special day for you.

Mamapierce said...

You should come visit us in FL! We wear flip flops almost year round! We would love to see you. :D