Wednesday, September 26, 2012

First Day of School and 30 Years Old

Summer wrapped up in a big way for Lowell.  He had what is hopefully his last first day of school ever - as he started his MBA program.  And he wrapped up his 20s.  His 30th birthday was September 10th - sheesh he is old.  ;)
Ready to head out the door on his first day.  Tanner was super happy to be awake.
Lowell requested a pretty low-key 30th Birthday.  He was scheduled to run a marathon the Saturday before, however came down with a horrible flu and was confined to bed with a fever.  I don't think I have ever seen him that sick before.  He had to delay his marathon - luckily they were able to push his registration to next year.   In an effort to spoil him, I (along with family members) came up with 30 memories and accompanying presents.  Tanner was SO excited for his dad to get home so we could open the presents. In fact, Tanner keeps talking about birthday parties and birthday cake.  I have to assume it came from Lowell's birthday.
We ran out of wrapping paper - so he got diaper boxes for the last two.  That is how we roll around here.  Please note Spencer's location.

Opening the gifts.  Spencer just couldn't stand being left out of the action, he has become quite the daredevil. 

Finally, he got to his dad.
 And the culminating gift...I threw Lowell a surprise "virtual" party, meaning I sent out an email requesting birthday wishes from family and friends (pretty much anyone in Lowell's email account that I recognized the name got an email).  He was so surprised and declared it to be his best birthday present ever.  Thank you everyone that contributed!!
See the joy in his face? 


After unwrapping 30 gifts we had two tired boys so they were put in bed.  I surprised Lowell by attempting to make homemade tortillas along with a Cafe Rio inspired dinner.  He requested Coconut Cream Pie for dessert and thanks to the freezer department and Marie Callendars - that request was granted.

Happy Birthday Lowell!

Thank you for being such an amazing husband and father.  You truly inspire me everyday.  

Love, 
Elise

2 comments:

Mamapierce said...

Happy Birthday, Lowell!

Heather C. said...

Happy (very) Belated Birthday to Lowell. Hope everything is going well at BYU. We should catch up sometime. Your apartment looks very nice. Sounds like you have your hands QUITE full with Tanner's antics. Good luck with that. I had to install a fridge lock for Colby. He was a nightmare of destruction. But it didn't take him too long to figure out how to undo it.