Sunday, April 21, 2013

Someone else had a birthday too...

While I have loved having my surprise birthday post as the last post on the blog, I am way behind and need to make a few updates.  Picture issues and blogger have prevented an earlier update.

Way back on January 3rd - Spencer turned one!  

He is such a delightful little boy.  He loves smiling and giggling.  He likes lights, buttons, and flirting with the old ladies that sit behind us in church.  Right before his birthday he started taking a few random steps but he started walking in full force mid-to-late January.  For the longest time he wouldn't stand up in the middle of the floor, if he fell down he had to crawl to the wall or something to pull himself up.  Finally toward the end of March he decided he stand in the middle of the floor.  Bathtime would be his favorite time of the day. 

After our Christmas adventures we got back on January 2nd - and celebrated Spencer's actual birthday with just as a family.  
Inspecting the loot
Little People Super Heroes

Tanner helping with the present opening
Uncertain about the cake.  Thanks to my friend Margot - I made a delicious chocolate eggless cake.

He knows it is coming for him now.  See the excitement?

Success!  I loved it.  And I was scrubbing chocolate cake off the floor for a week after the fact.

No comments: