Monday, January 25, 2010

A Boy and His Burgers

Recently I was uploading our Christmas pictures to the computer and came across these gems:

Lowell and his In-N-Out.

Please note that one of those shakes was mine. :)

You see, we have tried Five Guys and while their fries are better...the burgers and shakes at In-N-Out rock our socks. (Plus Five Guys doesn't carry milkshakes - what type of burger place is that?!?) It had been a year since Lowell's last encounter with his favorite place. Upon booking our tickets to travel west, Lowell immediately informed his family that our first stop was In-N-Out. Sure enough we got off the plane and headed straight over.

That was the first of our four visits in 3 days time.

I think he was in heaven.

In fact, this was his facebook status:

Dear In-N-Out: I have missed you. Thank you for being you. Thank you for thrashing any artificial "relevance" carried by Five Guys or anything like unto it. One bite, one gulp, and I remembered why I fell for you in the first place. Happy New Year, my dear friend.

Sincerely, Lowell

3 comments:

joylyn said...

I still don't get the whole obsessiveness so many people have with In-N-Out. I think its yucky, but I don't like any fast food burgers. I'm glad it made you guys happy.

Carina said...

I am totally with you on the In-N-Out. We went to CA for Christmas and got In-N-Out and Cody was in heaven...me, not so much. For some reason is just wasn't as great as I remembered. Plus Joshua ate half my food. Maybe that's why.

They finally opened one in Orem, and we just haven't found a time to battle the forever-long line and get some. Maybe in the next few months...

Heather Thomas said...

I'm totally in love with Five Guys, although I DO agree that they should have milkshakes...coming from Sandpoint where you have Dub's makes you believe that every GOOD burger place needs milkshakes and ice cream. Glad he got to have some In-N-Out though, but I'll take my Five Guys over that anyday. :)