The Blocks: My friend Becky and I have been meaning to reinstate our weekly craft group - oh lets say for a year now. We decided Christmas blocks would be great and her father-in-law was willing to use some wood he had and cut them for us. I asked for three sets to spell the word "Believe" and one set for the word "Joy." The blocks were cut and delivered prior to Thanksgiving. Yet, lack of time prevented me from finishing ONE set until right before the holiday. That one set is darn cute though.
I now have two other sets of empty blocks waiting to be decorated - any ideas?The Wreath: My door around the holidays has been pretty sparse the past few years. I came across an ornament wreath and thought it would be the perfect solution. Early in the month I found the perfect ornaments - on sale - at Target. Finding a wreath base took a week or so as December began ticking away. Finally, I started my wreath, only to find that I didn't have enough ornaments. Sadly, the ornaments were no longer on sale. New plan: put ribbon around the edges. Finding the perfect ribbon was not an easy task and Christmas was fast approaching. So, flying out on December 24th - my wreath was left laying the corner of my living room and my front door was bare. The day after Christmas I braved Target, and found my ornaments on clearance. I was also braved traveled with glass ornaments, in checked luggage, across the country. We only had one casualty and today - yes January 18th, I finally completed my wreath. I think it still needs some tweaking, but it is done - I even had the foresight to buy a wreath storage box on clearance. Happy day!

Mental Note: Next year, start Christmas projects start earlier.
6 comments:
They both turned out very cute. Nice work. I think you should start now, as time will fly by even faster with a little boy in toe.
That wreath is so cute! My mom made one like that a long time ago. I always wanted to, but yeah, never got around to it :) You should probably start the Christmas projects....like...now :) Having one (and a boy at that) really put a damper on me getting anything done. Somehow I get tons more done with two. We'll see how it goes with three, though :)
Oh, an I love the blocks too, by the way. Nice work :)
Love them both. They are way cute! And at least you FINISHED the project, nevermind that it was after Christmas...you're ready for next year already! :)
Very cute!
http://littlebirdiesecrets.blogspot.com/2008/12/seasonal-word-blocks.html
Post a Comment