Sunday, May 2, 2010

Nesting...

I always thought people were making things up when they said a woman will begin nesting towards the end of the pregnancy getting things ready for the baby. Well it is true. However, the fact we are scheduled to move four days prior to my due date has thrown a kink in my nesting plans. No nursery, no crib set-up, no folding and hanging of baby clothes. Yesterday, some of my nesting instinct was fulfilled. We spent the day packing, organizing, de-junking, installing the car seat base and washing our first loads of baby laundry.


This was me folding the small amount of laundry I allowed myself to do prior to moving (I don't want to do it all again you know). The fortress of boxes is pretty much everything in our apartment except our clothes and kitchen stuff. (Please note the awesome orange car seat in the background)

By the end of the day we were quite exhausted...but it is done. I think we have enough ready now this baby can debut when he is ready. 17 days left.

If only we had a name for him....

8 comments:

Jodi said...

aww:)you are so cute! I can't wait to meet him!! may 11...;) loveeeyouu!!

~Stephanie

Jodi said...

Steph is a crazy :] hah I am more excited than she is... haha ohh and i know this is WAY early but I say may 8th hahahahah :]] love you guys!!!!!

Hannah
(your favorite)

Jodi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jodi said...

false...I am WAYYYYYYYYY more excited then hannah is!!! I am going to be the best aunt ever and I really really really can't wait!!!:) Mom was saying that 5/10/10 would be a cool birthday too... so we will see! love you lots! You look beautiful!!!:)

<3 Stephanie!

Four Winns said...

No name?! I still love Vincent and I would be happy to let you steal it, although most people don't like it and they'll give you weird looks if you tell them you are naming your kid that. Hmmmm... how about Cedric? or Gilbert? Jonah? Lawrence? Phineas? Yeesh, how about you tell me to shut up and name my own dang kids.

Michelle said...

Elise, I can't believe you found an ORANGE car seat!!! That's awesome. Is his room going to be orange? Matt wants to name a boy Levi Ethan, so his nickname can be "leviethan" (I know, it's not spelled right.) But we already have a levi and an Ethan in our family, so you're welcome to the name! love you guys.

Ali Howell said...

You are so close!!! Where are you moving? Good luck with your nesting...it's amazing how strong it kick in. Hopefully you can get all unpacked and set up with your nesting kick before he arrives. I sure hope Lowell is still training for his marathon...we will be pushing for the chicago marathon!!! oh, and if you still don't have a name, the sweet nurses will bring you all kinds of books after he's here...at least they did when we couldn't come up with a name for andolyn. Good luck with the next few crazy days!

The Smith Family said...

I know exactly how you feel...We moved 2 weeks before I was due...We had all the baby stuff stack in a corner in the apartment and it drove me crazy because I wanted to get her things organized. Well hope all goes well with your labor.