Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Fun in Philly

This summer my sister Stephanie is living with us while interning. We have loved having her around and she is a huge help with Tanner. Another perk of having her here is we get to get out of house and do fun things to explore the East coast. This past Saturday was quite eventful (actually this was two Saturdays ago now, I have tried writing this post multiple times - maybe I will finally finish today - almost two weeks since I started). Steph donated eight inches of hair in the morning. By noon, we were ready to head into Philadelphia.




Our quest? To get real Philly cheesesteaks. Steph wanted to try Pat's and Geno's so that was our first stop. We had a mixed crowd in deciding which was better. Lowell liked Geno's more because the meat was in larger pieces. The girls enjoyed Pat's more because the meat was smaller and the onions were more grilled.


The Contenders (Genos on the left, Pats on the right).

The Happy Family

Sisters...and Tanner not keeping his pacifier in his mouth.
Lion King anyone?

Next water ice. Stephanie's stylist told us to try Philadelphia Italian Water Ice or something like that. Yeah, Rita's is better.

Then we quickly headed to the Love statue and fountain to conclude the festivities.







Tanner was an amazing baby and very happy the whole time (except for when we were at a standstill in traffic going into the city, he only likes the car when it is moving.) He definitely was well broken in for his start as a tourist this summer. :)

Next stop...Washington D.C. Maybe, just maybe that post will get written tomorrow.


8 comments:

Allison said...

I love the pictures! Especially the one of you and Lowell kissing him in front of the Love statue. That's super cute. I can't wait to meet him!

Carina said...

I would love to live on the East Coast and be able to visit such history all around you :) Family field trips sure are awesome! I'll have to ask Rich, Kirsti's husband, which place is best for Philly cheesesteaks. He's from there and I know he has a very particular opinion, but I'm just not sure what it is...haha

Jodi said...

Thanks for a taking Stephanie around to see the sites. I know she is loving it!

Kirsti said...

Pat's all the way! And yay for Rita's! Been to both of those multiple times. :) Oh, I'm so jealous! Also, next time you head up there make sure you go to the Franklin Institute - it's a very interactive science museum and it's just awesome. Almost makes you forget you're learning something. :) Hope you're having a blast!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful visit for you all! You certainly are deeply immersed in history, which I love! Have a great time, and tell Stephanie her hair looks beautiful.

Anonymous said...

btw, "Mor" is Norwegian for Mom, so in case you didn't know, I'm your Aunt Kari.......I usually comment on my kids' blogs with that ID. But I can be your Mor too! Love ya.

peggysmith847 said...

What fun I had being with you all a week after Tanner was born! We are so looking foward to seeing him, and you all, again in a month. Terrific blog. He will love it in years to come.
Love, Grandma and Grandpa Smith

peggysmith847 said...

Charming blog and photos. What a lucky boy to have parents who chronicle his infancy so beautifully. I so loved being with you all in June.
Love, Grandma and Grandpa Smith