Friday, October 1, 2010

Four Months of Tanner

As of last Saturday, Tanner is four months old. It seems as though we just brought him home. He weighs a whopping 18 lbs. 5 oz. (almost doubling his birth weight, just an ounce shy) and is 26 1/4" inches long. He loves to laugh and smile, making instant friends wherever he goes - especially old ladies in the check-out line. He is so close to rolling over it isn't funny and loves to stay up late - but he makes up for it by sleeping in, which I love. Today we went on a walk and it wouldn't do if I took the stroller to an area away from trees, he wanted to be right under the trees with the wind in his hair (we have had crazy storms here) - he would flail his arms and giggle. He definitely knows what he wants and has the lungs to prove it. He is such a joy and we are so grateful to have him in our lives.

For the past several weeks (well technically months) I have wanted to do this post, however it never happens. Here I am killing time (yes at 11:30 at night, reason to come later) and I have all my cell phone pictures on the computer = I can post! Unfortunately the picture quality is not the greatest for all of these, yet Tanner responds better to my cell phone instead of the camera. He is fascinated by the noises and flash of the camera which results in a questioning stare, while my cell phone can usually capture pictures in stealth mode. Some better versions of the monthly pictures are on my camera...maybe I will post those some day.

How quickly my little guy has grown!

Oh, and you will notice I want to be consistent with the "monthly" signs however, month two we were out of ink and white paper (it was Sunday) and month three we were in Idaho...hopefully the rest of the year will work out well.

Birth - May 25

One Month - June 25th

Two Months - July 25th

Three Months - August 25th
Four Months - September 25th


And, for good measure, lets include the first 10 weeks...:)
1 Week
2 Weeks
3 Weeks
4 Weeks
5 Weeks - getting a little personality :)
6 Weeks
7 Weeks
8 Weeks
9 Weeks
10 Weeks

6 comments:

Jodi said...

He has been such a blessing! Definitely a cutie :)

Emily Lynn said...

Your little guy is adorable!! Good job documenting everything along the way!!

Nicki said...

Oh my goodness! He is adorable and I can't believe he weighs over 18 pounds! That is totally crazy! You got yourself some strong arms Elise!

Love the pictures. Miss you all!

Heidi said...

Oh my, what a handsome little guy he is! 18 pounds --- he must eat really well!!

The Ellsies said...

So, yeah, I totally see your dad in him and I haven't even seen your dad in a couple years, if that's telling you anything. Such a Dahle. But, he's way cute. Thanks for sharing the pictures

Michelle said...

Tanner is so cute! I love your new header too. You're a great looking family.