Thursday, August 4, 2011

You've Had a Birthday!

Tanner turned one on May 25th! It is amazing how quickly a year passed. Tanner has been such a joy in our lives and brings so much happiness. Unfortunately I was quite sick the day of his birthday - so many of the ideas I had planned didn't pan out. He enjoyed his special day though.

At his year appointment he was 25 lbs. 3 ozs. and 31 1/2 inches long. He is quite my big boy!

Tanner was supplied with presents throughout the day thanks to friends and family. (Spoiled much - I think so, but he is so darn cute!) It took him a little to realize what was happening, however once he learned there were toys inside he caught on quickly to opening gifts. I would say his favorites are a truck that lights up and a book my mom found at the zoo called "Peek a Who."
Our last monthly picture...he is growing too fast! Sadly, he is looking a little pale in this picture.
The next day he came down with Hand, Foot, & Mouth Disease. It was terrible!! At least it happened after his birthday!He loved his cake! I found a recipe for cookie dough cupcakes I was quite excited to try. After making all the cupcakes it called for I still had a ton of batter - therefore I made Tanner a small cake. My plan worked perfectly.
After blowing out his candle, it took a few minutes for him to warm up to the cake, but was he did - Tanner was in heaven. That's my boy - he loves his sweets!


The Aftermath: After two baths he still had grease in his hair from the frosting. He was covered!
And so was my dining room, soon after this picture he accidentally dumped the cake off the high chair.


Happy Birthday Tanner! We love you!

2 comments:

Simonds Family said...

yay! Looks like he had a great day.

By the way, I've been meaning to mention, he is such a blend of you and Lowell-one picture I'll think, "That is Lowell," and lo and behold the next I think, "All Elise!"

Hope you are getting settled in well =)

Mamapierce said...

Happy Birthday, Tanner!

And that recipe looks delicious! :D