On March 3rd, Hannah's National Honor Society hosted a 5k and she had to recruit participants. We made it a family affair. Lowell ran and my mom, four sisters, my niece, and I walked with my boys. It was my first 5k and I was quite proud of myself for finishing in under 45 minutes (please note once again that I walked...I did not run...and I pushed a jogging stroller through horrid mud and muck for well over the first half of the course.)
Please note the muck on the tires.

Annie and Emery finishing strong...after Lowell finished he came back to cheer on those in the back...namely me and Annie.

The whole gang.

Lowell placed 2nd in the "adult" division, after having run 9 miles on his own earlier that morning. He is a running machine. His prize? A $50 gift certificate to a women's running store. I think new running shoes are in my future. :)
Lowell claiming his prize. Please note his competitors.

After the race they were giving out hats with the logos of baseball teams. Of course we had to score a Phillies hat for our little Phanatic. He wears it well.
**As a special note: we went to the store with the gift certificate to buy running shoes a few days after the race, whereas my running shoes are from middle school. The store is near Lowell's office so it was the perfect lunch hour meet-up. Lowell was watching the boys while I tried on shoes. Unfortunately the mail man decided to enter the store at this time. Before anyone could think, Tanner ran out the store through the opened door. I went sprinting after him with one of their shoes on and one barefoot. I grabbed him right before he stepped off the sidewalk into the street, in downtown, during the lunch rush hour. After that I couldn't think straight and we left the store, I still need to return to pick out shoes - this time without the boys.
2 comments:
Wow! What an adventure! (both the 5K and your shoe shopping trip afterwards!) Good job to everyone for finishing the race :)
Way to go! Pushing a stroller through muck sounds like no fun. And I'm seriously impressed Lowell came in 2nd with a bunch of teenagers!
Post a Comment