Monday, July 9, 2012

6 Months!

 The boy just keeps growing and growing and getting bigger!  He has developed such a personality the past few weeks.  He loves to laugh and full on chuckles.  On the July 1st he sat up for the first time for real (we have had several close calls, but this was the real deal).  For the past week is has worked on perfecting it and now doesn't really like to lay down.  He can roll both ways but prefers to roll from back to belly and squeal because he won't roll back over.  Spencer is not the biggest fan of solids yet but we are working on it - it would probably help if I actually offered them everyday.  He loves to watch his brother Tanner and laughs at pretty much everything Tanner does.  Spencer has also found his voice and isn't afraid to use it.  Today at church most of the time was spent in the hall with his happy screams and shrieks of joy.  At least they were happy sounding.  :)

Last weekend we finally moved him out of the Rock 'n Play sleeper into his crib.  The plan was for him and Tanner to share a room, however Tanner is not the greatest sleeper so we were trying to figure out what to do...then I sold our bedroom set because I was tired of moving it and viola - room for the crib in our room.  He does pretty well in it, however naps are a little tricky.

I took him to the dermatologist and finally got his eczema cleared up.  He has never had clearer skin.  It would seem like it would finally be on the mend and then break out again.  I am fairly certain he has a dairy sensitivity/allergy.  I am just watching my intake of "real" dairy products and try not to overdo instead of cutting out completely.  That seems to be helping. 

At his 6-month appointment I looked in his mouth and saw two more white spots in the top of his mouth meaning his 5th and 6th teeth appeared overnight.  Crazy talk!

He weighs 21 lbs. 13 oz. (98%) and the nurse measured him at 26 1/4" (30%) however I am pretty sure the length measurement is off.  I attempted to measure here at home and it was closer to 27". 



No comments: