Friday, December 3, 2010

Solids!


We started feeding Tanner solids on October 30th - just a small taste of avocado. He loved it! For the next week and a half I was in Idaho and fed him sporadically some of the orange veggies. Since we have been home he gets them every night before bed and does a great job. I probably could give him more throughout the day, but I like just the one meal for now. We will probably add a fruit "breakfast" in the next few weeks.
Initially I fed him in the swing...but slight problem, it swings. Not the best place for a little boy trying to eat. That lasted one meal.

So we moved to the bouncer until I could find a high chair. I scored on a Peg Perego - FREE from freecycle.org - love that site! Here is Tanner's first meal in his new high chair. I can't believe how small he looks!
See the excitement.
He wasn't amused being distracted from the food for the picture.

I have found having a high chair is quite handy for when I need to work in the kitchen, he like being at my level instead of on the floor. I put some toys on the tray and he entertains himself (for the most part) while I cook.

4 comments:

mR. bOS said...

So my parents fed me on our backyard swing set growing up, no wonder my teef (that is southern for teeth) are so jacked up. Glad you guys figured it out sooner then my parents did.

Oh, and your son is adorable!

Carina said...

Hey, we started Joshua out in a swing for his first solids, too :) Score for the free high chair! Awesome. He's adorable!

Nicki said...

I can't believe how big he is! I am going to have to plan a trip to come up and visit you guys. I miss you! No more of this years between visits. We'll adapt to months! I love you so much!

Ali Howell said...

Man, Tanner is one super cute little boy!!! It's so fun to see him crawling around your house, and picture him sitting playing in his high chair while you cook...isn't that a great feeling! Hope all is well! And we hope chicago is a stop in your future!!!!