This little guy is getting so big! He was three months on April 3rd.
He is such a light and joy in our lives. He greets me with smiles each morning and usually smiles going to sleep at night. He is always smiling - until I pull out the camera. As soon as he sees it the smile is typically gone.
He loves his bouncer and is very good at getting it to play music as he pulls the toys. We tried the exersaucer and he was a little unsure at first but seems to be warming up to it. He has found his hands and it is so cute to find him examining them. I can often set him down and come back to find him sound asleep just minutes later - after Tanner I didn't realize babies actually did that. Naptime works the best in the swing.
He is a pro at nursing and prefers him mom to everyone else. Dad's secret weapon to get him to sleep is going into a dark bathroom and turning on the shower.
Sadly, he has had his first illness. The night of April 12th he screamed and screamed for hours after being congested most of the week. We took him into the doctor on Friday the 13th (dun dun dun...) and he had a double ear infection. Poor boy. :( I do think he has a dairy sensitivity like Tanner, though not as severe. He had a few of the signs, but not nearly as bad as Tanner's. His congestion prior to the ear infection started after I consumed a lot of dairy Easter weekend -too many rich desserts. I will be watching my dairy intake and upping his probiotic intake, hopefully that will help.
He is on the mend now and back to his normal happy self. On a more positive note, at the doctor we found out he is up to 17 lbs. 13 oz. and is healthy and developing normally in all other respects.
We love our little Spence Pence!
Sorry Deborah...no photoshopping this month. :)
1 comment:
Darn. I'll just have to settle for the pics of adorable little Spencer. I think that'll tide me over. His little smile is so cute!
Post a Comment