Sunday, November 18, 2012

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow

Last weekend we got our first real snowfall.  The boys were in heaven.

Spencer wasn't quite sure what to make of this white stuff falling all around.
Tanner was excited!
After naps we bundled in our snow gear (thank you last winter's clearance!) and went out to play.  Our friends Eli and Jonas were also outside playing and all the boys seemed to enjoy themselves.


While there have been other snowfalls during Spencer's life, this was the first time he actually sat and played in the snow.  At first he wasn't sure.  Then when I picked m up he didn't want to leave.

This white stuff is pretty cool.

Eli and the Tan Man


Tanner was Jonas' shadow.  Good thing Jonas didn't mind


 The Next Morning...over night we went from about 3-4" of snow to about 12" - a major snowfall for this early in the season.  Tanner was so excited to go outside and play in our backyard.  We accidentally left his rake and shovel in the garden plot of our backyard so he spent much of his time trying to find the pieces and dig them out. 


Water tables are also good snow collectors

I think he single-handedly trampled every square inch of our backyard.
Spencer observed from the inside. 

My silly boy
Right before Tanner headed inside he started making faces through the door.  He is such a funny kid.

Also, earlier this month MBASA held a basic photography night.   Thanks to the photo editing skills I learned on and the free use of PicMonkey...my pictures are not blue and under/over exposed.  I didn't edit all of them and I am still practicing/learning/experimenting but I am quite proud of what I accomplished. 

1 comment:

makana hansen said...

way to use those new found skills! And the kids look like they are in HEAVEN! Btw, do you rent from the Poulsons? He is my uncle