Sunday, January 6, 2013

The Rest of November

As you, the faithful reader, can tell - I am woefully behind in my blogging.  We will try a few whirlwind posts this week and see if I can catch up.  We do have to tell you about Thanksgiving, December events, Christmas, and Spencer's birthday.

In November, Tanner discovered my old stuffed Minnie and Mickey dolls.  One day he decided he needed a Mickey and Minnie Clubhouse.  We found a box and got to work.

Spencer observed the Clubhouse Construction.
The Saturday before Thanksgiving, Lowell's sister Allison flew into town.  We picked her up at the airport and spent a few hours at the Church History Museum before depositing her with her friends. 
Tanner LOVED the Children's Book of Mormon exhibit



Spencer enjoyed it too.

Planting a garden


Spencer even joined in the garden planting fun.

After time with her friends Allison spent the nights at our house.  Tanner found the mascara she keeps in her purse.  He was very proud of his handiwork.

Wednesday before Thanksgiving we all drove down to California.  Other than little boys who refused to sleep, the trip was pretty easy and uneventful - oh except for Lowell getting pulled over just south of Las Vegas.

The story...
Lowell was driving with the flow of traffic and was pulled over. - by two very scary and intimidating cop cars. We weren't quite sure why he was pulled over and the 2 cars made us pretty nervous.  I (knock on wood) have never been pulled over  and get very anxious and nervous about such things.  Lowell was pretty calm and said something to the effect of  -"Good thing we have cute boys in their pajamas in the backseat - we won't get a ticket."  The female cop came up and told us we were pulled over for speeding and that we hadn't even slowed down for the cop car in the median (neither Lowell nor I saw a car in the median at any point). Since she came to my side of the car I probably talked more than I should have to prevent myself from having a panic attack.   I told her I thought we were going about 80 which was the speed Lowell had averaged most of the time and that the speed limit was 75.  She informed me that no the speed limit was not 75 it was only 70 and that no where in the country was the speed limit 75.  And what did I say "Umm, yes it is."  She seemed shocked that the speed limit was 75 somewhere in the country.  All the while Lowell rolled down the car windows to show our cute kids.  She asked us where we were going and we said California for the holiday.  She then told us to be careful and head on our way.  I was still panicking so Lowell stayed on the side of the road for a few minutes to comfort me and the cop came up and gave us the signal to hit the road. 

We went 70 the rest of the way and were passed by almost every car on the freeway.  And, as a side note to this story, not only do we know the speed limit is 75 in many areas of the country - a few places in Utah the speed limit had gone up to 80. 

Thanksgiving morning we woke up and got ready for family pictures...another post to come.  The rest of the day was spent waiting for food and the men took the kids to the park. 
Happy boy on his first Thanksgiving - please note this is the same shirt Tanner wore his first Thanksgiving.  It was a little big on Tanner and the sleeves were a little tight on Spencer.

Loving the swings


His First Thanksgiving Meal - I think it was a hit.  Special thanks to Kristen and Matt for making egg-free dishes for Spencer (and me).
Due to the difference in time zone and the timing of dinner, Tanner was asleep during the big Thanksgiving dinner.  When he woke up he was more than happy to dominate the table himself.  And he actually ate - a huge feat for a meal like this. 
King of the Table

1 comment:

Simonds Family said...

ah haha I wish I could have been there to see you sassing the popo!