So, life has been pretty tame lately - without many huge adventures. :) Just a few little car repairs and outings with the missionaries. For Labor Day we may go into the city and explore Independence Hall, we are still trying to decide.
Speaking of Labor Day - I am so excited for fall to come! I think that is because I am ready for my first "East Coast Autumn." Idaho and Utah were pretty in the fall, but I have the feeling it will be gorgeous here! The air in Pennsylvania seems to have taken a little chill - yesterday I even had to bundle up with a blanket in the morning. It is hard to believe it is still in the 90's in Idaho. Today I made peach jam and life is good.
On Sunday, the Relief Society lesson was on Living a Christ-like life. The teacher mentioned a lady by the name of Stephanie Nielson. A little over a week ago, "Nie" was in a private plane crash with her husband. They are both in "critical-yet-stable" condition and Nie has burns over 80% of her body. Nie has kept a blog for the last several years under the title "NieNie Dialogues" detailing the happenings of her life. My curious nature sent me to her blog and I immediately fell in love with Nie, although we have never met. Something about her life has really struck a cord with me. Nie truly has a passion for life and radiates happiness and joy. Monday and Tuesday were spent reading her entire archives and finding a renewed enthusiasm for living life to its fullest. She made every day a celebration for her children and family and I hope to do the same for my family. And, while I would typically very sad and emotionally spent in thinking about Nie and viewing the accident as a great tragedy, I am left at peace knowing that everything will be made right.
I better go make dessert now - for our dinner party tonight. Hope everyone has a safe and happy Labor Day!
Toodles!
2 comments:
What a cute background! I love it! So you're in Pennsylvania now? How lovely! What brings you there? That story about Nie sounds very inspiring. :o) Thanks for sharing!
I've read Nie too, and she's great. Along with her sister CJane. It's amazing how the whole "blogging world" is pulling together for her. Some of my friends from here were holding silent auctions yesterday to benefit their family. Too bad I didn't have anything worth auctioning that was pre-made!
Post a Comment