To show you how possessive of the books I once was, tucked in the beginning of volume 9 - I found this signed contract between myself and my younger sister.
Rules and Regulations Concerning The Work and the Glory, Volume One, A Pillar of Light
August 9, 1999
Kathrine Anne D____ will by all means take good care of
The Work and The Glory, Volume One, "A Pillar of Light."
I will not touch the book with wet hands.
Ink is not allowed within 3 feet of the book.
All people under 10 years of age may not touch the book.
The book will be returned by August 30, 1999.
Any and all damage will be covered with the purchase of a new book.
The cover that is removable will not be allowed in Annie's hands.
x: K. Annie D ____
x: Jacqueline Elise D_______
-No wrinkling of pages.
I think I have mellowed out a little bit. :)
August 9, 1999
Kathrine Anne D____ will by all means take good care of
The Work and The Glory, Volume One, "A Pillar of Light."
I will not touch the book with wet hands.
Ink is not allowed within 3 feet of the book.
All people under 10 years of age may not touch the book.
The book will be returned by August 30, 1999.
Any and all damage will be covered with the purchase of a new book.
The cover that is removable will not be allowed in Annie's hands.
x: K. Annie D ____
x: Jacqueline Elise D_______
-No wrinkling of pages.
5 comments:
Sheesh! Let's hope so!!! hahaha I should have made you sign a contract like that for my Richard Paul Evans books...one came back with some Sprite discolorations on the cover...and another came back with some SNOT discolorations :) How did you ever get away with that one??? :) Glad you enjoyed reading the books again. Hope you're having a great week!
It was not a snot discoloration! I simply sneezed and there was a little liquid. And I can't help it if the plane I am flying on experiences turbulence causing a drink to be spilled and the book that was UNDER the seat in front of me gets a little on it. :) I mean I tried to protect them.
However, what about my Children of the Promise book that came back with loose binding from being thrown around in a backpack. :)
How funny! I should have done more contracts with my siblings...then my stuff might be in better shape now! ha ha! :o) I'm almost done with the TWILIGHT series - have you read those?
Huh, I don't even remember the backpack thing. Goes to show that we remember things that happen to us better than things that we do, eh? So, sorry about that! But I am also wondering what kinds of liquids (if not snot) come out of your nose? Interesting :) Maybe it was some of that sprite? That would definitely be uncomfortable :) So if it was the Sprite, I guess you've suffered enough :) Anyway, I hope you know I was joking about the books--I don't really care, I just thought it went especially well with your post :)
That's so awesome! I loved the Work and the Glory when I was younger too! But to have a contract? That's amazing!
Post a Comment