Friday, November 21, 2008

Let it Snow!

So, the lack of posts over the past week represents a lack of exciting things happening at the Smith household. The middle of November has not been the most exciting time. Believe, I have tried to think of things to blog about - and have been stopped in my tracks. That is until yesterday - the first snowfall of the season.

I awoke to flurries falling from the sky and slight accumulation in some extra cold spots. To celebrate, I went visiting teaching for the day and bought hot chocolate at WaWa. Oh - and I took pictures.

Yes, there is a slight dusting on the ground in this picture.


Last night I was ready to post my blog, but rushed off to a meeting instead. By the time I returned it was far to late to spend time on the computer. So I went off to snooze - land and awoke to a "Winter Wonderland."





That's right folks. 2-3" of snow overnight. (I think our deck got about 4"). It stopped for a while but has started again. We will see how long this lasts - and I do believe it is a sign of a long winter starting this early). I love looking at snow - especially when it is untouched, however after a few days and way too many people walking on it, snow looses its appeal. I have already ventured out in it once - and was not excited to dig my car out. I have been spoiled with covered parking for the past two winters. :)

But for now...let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

6 comments:

Carina said...

Yay snow! We had some snow here in Orem back in September, but nothing since then--and it's been in the 50s and 60s all November! I'm hoping it snows soon because I want to take Joshua out to play. I agree about loving it initially but getting annoyed after a few days of slush and mud and grossness. It should stay pure and white for the whole winter =)

Jess said...

I do miss seeing the snow!! But I don't really miss driving in it :) Plus Texas drivers freak out over rain on the road, let alone snow!!!!

Nicki said...

So, I have to be honest, I am kind of jealous! I love the snow. Love it! Enjoy it extra for me!

Jill said...

YUCK! Double YUCK!

Anonymous said...

How fun! Snow is the best when you get snowed in and can just stay inside and enjoy it. Although it is nice to go walking in the snow, too. Hope you two are well.

Suzie Koskella said...

I so wish it would snow here! If it is going to be cold then there needs to be snow! I have not talked to you in a while! Hope you are doing great!