Monday, November 3, 2008

Catch-up

So, I have been a slacker in taking the pictures from my camera. I finally did it! So, without further ado - "Trunk or Treating" with Frankenstein and Sarah Palin. (Sorry they are so dark the lights in the Church parking lot weren't working.)

Trust me...it looked a lot better in person. Lowell enjoyed his time in the trunk handing out candy and scaring the older kids who didn't know he was in there.

As for the apple pie Lowell was raving about earlier...here is a picture!

In other news, I unofficially resigned from my job today. My boss is contemplating moving offices and I told him if he moves I won't be going with him. Things just haven't gone the way I had hoped. My boss would really like me to stay on and has offered me the option to work from home so I have lots of decisions over the next couple of days. Any one have ideas for another job?

Oh, and I live in a "Battle Ground" state now. While I have issues with both candidates, I will most definitely be voting tomorrow. :) I just need to spend the evening looking over the local candidates - whereas I have tried a few times and haven't gotten very far to find information.

Also, today I was brave and defended Prop 8 on a message board I frequent that has more of a liberal slate. I usually don't post, but felt strongly that I should. Amazingly, only one person "flamed" me and later apologized. They were in strong opposition to my opinions though. I had so much more I wanted to say and didn't feel like it was the place to do so. There was only one of me and tons of them - which inspired me to vocalize my opinions a little more in real life. I am usually quite timid and don't want to upset anyone. Yet, I certainly caused a fuss today by sharing my opinions. Lets see how waiting in line to vote tomorrow works. Wait,isn't it illegal to share opinions with others in line to vote? Maybe I'm wrong. Anyone know?

I just realized this is logged in as Lowell - however it is most definitely Elise.

5 comments:

Arianne said...

Your car decor is very impressive, and I can't believe Lowell was in the trunk the whole time, that's funny! Love your Sarah Palin get up and your pie looks yummy. Yay for living in a state where your vote counts, what does that feel like?!

Jill said...

CUTE trunk! And I'm sure Lowell thoroughly enjoyed scaring the children! :)
You're pie looks delicious...you're so domestic! What a lucky hubby you have!

Mamapierce said...

Cute pictures! Your pie looks so wonderful - your husband is a lucky guy!

Good for you on the political front. It's important for us to stand up for what we believe in . :o)

Heidi said...

I love love love your trunk! Way to pull off the Sarah Palin look.

And I know this is probably a bad attitude, but I'm glad election day has finally come and gone. Too much media!

Anonymous said...

You go girl! Way to go for standing up for something you believe in. There has been a lot of that with Proposition 8 in the air and I have felt strongly to do so as well. I've posted some things on my blog about it and there have been multiple comments on it. Tim and I also voiced our opinions on another blog and we've seen both sides portrayed. There's a lot of aggression against Prop8. I'm just so glad it passed!