Sunday, August 12, 2012

27...errr...10 dresses of Elise


Living near family is great and we truly enjoyed the last year in Idaho.  However, sometimes great things come to an end.  Lowell is starting his MBA this fall and therefore, it was time to move.  Last Sunday we had what I affectionately referred to as our "Last Dinner" with my family.  Sunday dinners over the past year were a great time to get together and I am going to miss them.

While I know my parents miss having us nearby, they took the "Last Dinner" as a long awaited opportunity to dump all the junk I have left at their house in storage.  This equaled probably 15 boxes they were all too happy to get rid of.  I had no clue they had that much of my stuff!  The boxes kept coming from the garage and under the stairs.

After dinner of steak and dessert of Milky Way Brownies, Lowell packed up the boys and I began the sorting process.  Boxes of high school paperwork and notes from friends (Joy - if you are reading this I have so many notes between Anne Shirley and Diana Barry it isn't funny).

The real treasure of the night came when we found a box of my old dresses.  I convinced Hannah to try them on and hours of laughter followed.  In fact, they wouldn't let me bring the dresses with me - they had to keep them and show their friends.

Please note: the VAST majority of these dresses I wore between the ages of 10-13.  Hannah is 16 and Elizabeth is 14. 

This dress was the beauty that started it all. 

Hannah demonstrating its spinning properties

My Easter dress circa 1997.  Yeah, skin tight - but it was awesome.

Easter Dress circa 1998.  This was my "Titanic" inspired dress - the neckline is similar to the neckline of Rose's dress when she is about to jump ship the night she meets Jack.

I loved this dress and it was by far Hannah's favorite.  She wants one in her size (the top was too tight).  I used to make brownies and dance to The Parent Trap soundtrack in this dress on Sunday evenings.

After much persuasion, Elizabeth joins the fun.  This actually fit her quite well.

"You're here, there's nothing I fear...."

The dress Hannah is wearing was one of my favorites and one of my few store bought dresses of childhood - from Limited Too.  They thought it look like pajamas. 


Charlie's Angels Anyone?  My Voice Lesson Christmas Recital Dress circa 1998.  Yeah, my parents thought I was tone-deaf and put me in voice lessons.

Told you it was a great dancing dress

Elizabeth is wearing my baptism dress from 1994.  Hannah is modeling my orange beauty.  :)

Yes, the dress has a built-in choker.  It is AWESOME!

Skinny Mini

Yeah Hannah, I know you were jealous.

I wore this dress when I was 3. 

An updated rendition of the Orange Beauty.  I think she should wear it the first day of school.  Anyone agree?

My Mexican dress purchased in 1995 when my parents went on a cruise.
One thing is for sure...my childhood was stylin' and my sisters are awesome.
I guess that is two things.  :)

3 comments:

Allison said...

Actually, all of those look really good on them! I say the orange one should definitely be a first day of school outfit!

Simonds Family said...

bah hahahaha! I loved it=) I think your parent trap dancing brownie dress is my favorite

Kirsti said...

This was entertaining! So if that pajama-looking one was one of the few store-bought ones, did your mom make most of these? That is awesome!