Thursday, August 28, 2008

First Day of School

This is the first year in 17 years that I will not be returning to school. Weird! My sisters started classes this week, Pennsylvania kids start next week. I have no idea when BYU starts, and I think Annie starts mid-September in Rexburg. This year - I don't start!

So in honor of back-to-school, I decided to post my last four "First Day of School" pictures. Like most parents, my mom dutifully photographed us the first day to document the momentous occasion. When I went to school, I had a roommate, and then later a husband carry on the tradition by taking pictures on my cell phone and sending it to my mom.

Here they are! (Please excuse the poor quality)

The Teary-Eyed Freshman:
The Slightly Less Teary-Eyed Sophomore:
The Newly-Wedded Junior:
The Ecstatic Senior (Later this day I got drenched in rain):

3 comments:

Mamapierce said...

You are so cute, Elise! :o) That's a good tradition to do - I took a picture of Anna last year (kindergarten) but didn't this year...is it too late?

Heidi said...

How fun! That's a way cool thing to do. I remember the very first picture we ever had taken together the first week of school. It was in front of our pantry me, you, and carolyn all looking for our dinner

John & Amber said...

It is weird to not be starting school! John went to his first classes today and I have to say I have enjoyed staying home :) Glad that things are going so well for you guys!