So, I have been a blog slacker. Work has been really busy and I know have another thing working from home. I need to learn how to separate work and life - especially when I am working from home. I haven't taken many breaks this week.
Well, yesterday I was babysitting for a family in my ward. At one point we were watching PBS for quiet time as the baby went to sleep upstairs. A show that I am not familiar with came on - "Behind (or maybe its 'between') the Lions." The little lion cub ordered a mane growing kit from a commercial - that was guaranteed to make your "mane grow in one day or not".
The"or not" in fine print and whispered on the commercial. The cub ordered the kit - and of course it didn't work. Instead of his parents telling him lesson learned - you need to read the fine print, or some other aspect of personal responsibility for ones actions (in this case not paying attention to the fine print), the cub made a video to send to the company telling them that he was mad and wanted his money back. What happens at the end of the episode - he gets his money back! I was irate!
No wonder no one takes responsibility for their actions any more. They are ingrained at a young age that it is everyone else's fault. This was a prime time to teach the young cub, and in turn the kids watching the show, that they need to take responsibility and not blame someone else for not reading the fine print. The company, while not as loudly as declaring the success of the project, clearly stated that the product may not work and they weren't responsible. How often do people fall for this and then blame the company expecting everything to be fixed? Maybe things would be a little different in today's society if people did some research and took responsibility for their actions.
Don't even get me started on "Sid the Science Kid." What has happened to children's programming today?
2 comments:
Oh my gosh, that makes me so sick. I can't stand that attitude!
Amen! I cannot stand how entitled children our today. How I wish we could still watch the Smurfs and Scooby Doo!
Post a Comment