That is how I feel about now. The maintenance guy just knocked on my door and asked if everything was alright up here.
The ensuing conversation:
Me: "Yes, is there a problem?"
MG: "Well there was some leaking downstairs."
Me: "Oops!"
MG: "Do you mind if I check it out?"
Me: "No, but I can tell you what happened."
I then rehearse the story, and he replies:
"So I take it you are just learning to cook."
Me: Haha - very funny!
I just hope there wasn't serious damage from my little flooding incident downstairs. I really did clean it up quickly! The maintenance guy said there was some staining but seemed to blow it off as no big deal. And the guy downstairs has apparently lived there 40 years - so who knows what goes on in that apartment. I have never met this neighbor - he seems to be a recluse.
3 comments:
Elise, this is so funny! This could totally be a story from my life. I love you to pieces!
Okay, you make me feel a little better knowing that I'm not the only one who forgets about things. I showed my family your blog last night when we were visiting. They said to tell you hi.
haha...that is totally something I would do.
Post a Comment