Today, blog compatriots, we have two episodes for you.
Episode the First
Last night Elise and I spent the evening wandering through the Exton Mall. Depending on how well you know her, you understand the necessity in this situation of visiting the local American Eagle in which she discovers 'something wonderful.' Last night, however, was my turn, though not from a clothing perspective. Their current marketing strategy is to give you a free movie ticket if you try on a pair of denim jeans. [Spit out your morning beverage here and repeat after me, "Are you KIDDING me?"] I'm not a "try on" guy by any stretch of the imagination, but seriously... FREE movie tickets? For not buying anything, and only needing to endure some poorly-delivered sell from a high school employee? Elise chose not to try any on, and I initially wasn't going to bother because I didn't want to feel as if we were swindling them... however, I did need to figure out the right waist size for me, so why not?
Expecting only one free ticket after trying on some jeans, the cashier casually threw down three when Elise made her purchase. After explaining I was the only person who tried them on, and wondering if we should only receive one ticket, she shrugged it off and said people were complaining because they were for an AMC theater which is a little farther away.

So... yeah. There you have it. In no way is this a plug for American Eagle, however you may wish to go try on those new 'Boot Cut' jeans you haven't had your eye on, or figure out if the 'Loose Relaxed' reflects who you are inside. Even better, make sure you don't buy!
Unless, of course, saving $13 per ticket on a weekend movie isn't your thing ... I'll let you answer that one.
Episode the Second
Elise began her Real Estate Admin/Design position yesterday. She seems to enjoy it, and I'll let her fill you in on the details. I just want to share this gem from her first day.
She walks in and meets her boss. First time since the interview, mind you. Prior to any discussion, formalities, etc., he blurts out, "You look like Sarah Palin!" Perhaps you don't see the similarity in this particular picture. Maybe it's just the librarian glasses--that, or how much Elise loves hunting moose on a frozen tundra. Either way, Elise laughed and responded, "Ironic that you say that, becuase when my husband first met me he thought I looked like Tina Fey, and the media has been discussing how she and Governor Palin look very similar."
As we both found his comment off the cuff and odd, we thought it'd be a worthy addition here. In our discussion, we wondered if he really saw any similarity. Perhaps he was just reaching for straws. What do you think? Yay? Nay?

2 comments:
Episode the first: awesome deal!
Episode the second: I think Elise looks more like Tina Fey...but I'm just sayin'.
Elise totally looks like the gov, fo sho.
Post a Comment