Saturday, we awoke early (yes, I got out of bed early on a Saturday) and drove with
our friend Sheena to Washington D.C. Our friends were to be sealed to their beautiful daughter, the final step in a lengthy adoption process. Due to a few mis-communications several members of the ward, including us, were left in the waiting room during the sealing. Though there was a little sadness, we have realized that all that matters is that their family is now eternal. We are so happy for them!!After the temple, Lowell and I journeyed into the city via the metro. Public transporta
tion really is a new concept to me however I am enjoying and taking advantage of it.In D.C. we were spies in the Spy Museum and helped stop a nuclear weapon from being transferred into enemy hands. It was intense!
Needing a little bit of a break, the Natural History Museum was next on our list.
I wanted to see the Hope Diamond - Lowell wanted to see the dinosaurs.
Sadly, most museums in D.C. close between 5 and 5:30 so we were kicked out to the National Mall. After people watching for about an hour we headed to Union Station. Their food court provided many dinner options - including delicious fresh-squeezed lemonade.
Lowell's favorite part of the day included finding a U2 CD that retails for $20 for $4 on a clearance rack. We listened to that on the way home as the day dwindled to an end.
3 comments:
Was their adoption domestic or international? We leave for Ukraine in 3 weeks! Hooray!
http://foreverfamilyadoption.blogspot.com/
We did domestic.
smallhourslittlewonders.blogspot.com
CONGRATULATIONS!
What a fun weekend...a bummer that you missed the sealing though. I've decided Heber doesn't have too much to offer as far as things to do and sites to see. There's only so many haybarns and hayfields to see before they get old. :)
Post a Comment