Thursday, September 4, 2008

FLOOD!

...actually, it was more like a small waterfall with an accompanying lake in my kitchen.

The Story: I boiled chicken this afternoon for the wonderful chicken pot pie I am about to make. Since boiled chicken is very hot and I have burned my fingers numerous times, I let cold water run into the pot for a few minutes and cool the chicken so I can touch it.

Today I followed my typical routine and left momentarily. The whole time I was distracted with other things something kept telling me - "Check the chicken" however I ignored it. The sad part is, I was just sitting at the table with my back to the sink - all I had to do was turn around and look. After a few minutes, I turned - to find my kitchen sink filled to the brim and overflowing down onto the floor where at least a 1/2 inch of water covered a large portion of my kitchen floor. When I put the pot in the sink - I had covered the drain! The water had no where to go but up and over.
A year ago, I probably would have burst into tears at "destroying" my kitchen. But not today. The first thing I did - after turning off the water and moving the pot from covering the drain, was to call Lowell and ask where I would find the camera.

Blurry picture - from laughing too hard.Just the other day I was telling my mom that I wished my life was more exciting sometimes.

***Please note that it took three more towels than you see here to mop up the mess. I just hope it didn't leak downstairs. Each towel was sopping wet and gushed water as I picked them up because they were so full. :)

No comments: